How To Contact Other California State Agencies About COVID-19

Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA)

You can file a workplace safety and health complaint with Cal/OSHA online, or by telephone at the district office closest to you.

Cal/OSHA has launched a call center to help workers with questions specifically related to COVID-19.

The Cal/OSHA call center number is:


Employment Development Department (EDD)

The EDD provides a variety of support services to people who have lost their jobs, had their hours reduced, or had their businesses affected due to the impacts of COVID-19 in California.

If you need general or technical support, or to get help with your UI claim, visit EDD’s COVID-19 Contact Us page.

Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB)

The ALRB oversees and protects the rights of agricultural employees to organize themselves and seek better working conditions without retaliation. Agricultural employees or others acting on their behalf may file unfair labor practice charges with the ALRB if they believe these rights were violated.

Labor Commissioner’s Office

For questions on paid sick leave, retaliation protections, filing a wage claim, or retaliation complaint:

(833) LCO-INFO (833-526-4636)


To leave a tip about an employer that is not paying workers that take sick leave:

(855) LCO-SPSL (855-526-7775)

Workers’ Compensation

For questions on workers’ compensation, call 1-800-736-7401 for recorded information on workers’ compensation benefits from Information and Assistance staff 24 hours a day, or contact a local Division of Workers’ Compensation office during business hours to reach a live person.

Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)

The DFEH enforces civil rights laws and protects the people of California from unlawful discrimination in employment, housing, businesses, and state-funded programs.